Friday 23 December 2011

It's nearly Christmas!

Woop 2 more sleeps and it will be Christmas Day! I started buying presents back in July yet I didn't start wrapping them till this week, oops! Still all done now, and the OCD part of me was very pleased that I finished the roll of paper off exactly with my last present :-D

Toby is now 2 and 1 month and so is much more aware of Christmas, well aware of the presents and chocolate in the advent calendar really! Really looking forward to hanging up his stocking on his door with him on Christmas Eve and putting out the biscuits and milk for Santa.

We heard some fab news about how one of our best friend couples are now expecting, v exciting! Keep resisting buying gorgeous presents, trying to wait until nearer the due date which is May 2012, its coming round fast! They are going to make the bestest parents :-)

Also the weekend before last I went and visited my BFF in her new home in the city of London! Had such a fab weekend. First time I had been on the train on my own which was actually quite nice, reading my book in peace! BFF's house is gorgeous, if a little chilly hehe. Nice to be able to imagine where she is living now. She then took me on a little tour round London, past the London Eye, Southbank, over the bridge and to see Nelsons Column, Picadilly Circus, Regent Street & Carnaby Street. Loved it, so lovely and christmassy up there! Then in the evening we went out in her locality (is that a word?!) of Balham. First stop a cocktail bar which was great fun, v lively and happening (I fear that makes me sound old!). BFF made the decision to buy Oreo cocktails as it was Happy Hour!! Then we had an Italian, it was chockablock in there so ended up eating at the bar but we didn't mind as the food was gorge. Last stop was to the Bedford, a traditional looking pub which seemed to turn into more of a club as it got later. Had a brill time in there, so much chatting done that my voice is only just recovering now! On the Sunday we met up with another friend and had a yummy roast before I had to get my train home. Thank you so much T for a much needed weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I've totally been to the Bedford, as DH used to work in and we used to live near Balham. :)

    ReplyDelete